Riley: I went to Chicago to see Hamilton. I did not see it with the original cast. Although I did not see it with the original cast I think both casts are equally talented. The show was about three hours and all through the musical, I was hooked to the great singing and amazing choreography! I thought it was a five-star show and a show that should be on everyone’s bucket list.
Ramona: I saw Hamilton in New York and it was amazing. I saw it with some original cast members but most were not. They were all very talented and put on a great show. We also got lucky because we were in the seventh row from the stage it was for sure a must see on any family’s list to see with their children but you should probably should wait until they are about eight or nine.
1. Hamilton was inspired by Ron Chernow’s biography of Hamilton.
2. It took Lin-Manuel Miranda about a year to write the first song and another year to write the second song.
3. Hamilton started as a mixtape, not a musical.
4. Hamilton was not always sung all the way through.
5. Lin-Manuel Miranda wrote one of King Georges songs on his honeymoon.
6. The original version of “My Shot” had an extra verse for Hercules Mulligan.
7. Lin-Manuel Miranda wrote “Wait for it” on the subway.
8. At first, Lin-Manuel Miranda could not decide if he wanted to be Hamilton or Burr.
9. Lin-Manuel Miranda cut George Washington’s death from the show.
10. The Hamilton stars raised money for the orphanage that Eliza Hamilton started.
11. Hamilton came out on April 12, 2016.
12. It took Miranda six years to write Hamilton.
13. The first show was on February 17, 2015.
14. Miranda makes about $105,000 in eight shows.
15. Lin-Manuel Miranda was born on January 16, 1980, in New York City.
16. Hamilton tickets usually cost about $200 dollars.
17. Lin-Manuel Miranda’s parents were from Puerto Rico.
18. There is going to be an actual mixtape.
19. Hamilton the musical makes about $100 million per year.
20. President Obama is a huge fan of the musical.
Here are five people in the original cast of Hamilton.